Is this service right for you?
We, at Modern Salon & Spa, strive to provide our guests with the most individually beneficial services. Please note that there are some instances/conditions which could make a guest an unsuitable candidate for a service. We ask that you please read over the following information and if you are unable to receive a service which has already been booked, to contact us. Our guest representatives will gladly assist you in selecting a service more suitable for you.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to all relaxation/waxing services so that you can fill out a guest intake form and consult with your service provider
- Should you arrive late for your service, the service may be shortened or need to be rescheduled at another time or with a different service provider
- Should you be ill with a cold/flu/fever, we ask that you reschedule your service until well
- If you have previously filled out an intake form for waxing, facial services, and/or massage/body treatments and have had changes in your medical profile, please let your service provider know
- All facial and body treatment series must be paid in full before receiving initial service in the series. Prices are not prorated.
Massage is not recommended the following conditions:
- Acute flare-ups for certain systemic inflammatory/autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and lupus erythematosus
- Systemic contagious/infectious disease, including the common cold
- Deep Vein Thrombosis : absolute contraindication for 3-6 months; after that a physician’s written release is required
- Stroke: no massage in the month after initial stroke; within 6 months after initial occurrence, a physician’s written release is required
- Transient Ischemic Attack: physician’s written release is required
- Multiple sclerosis, when in acute stages; sub-acute/remission is indicated in massage
- Acute impetigo
- Widespread ringworm/fungal infections
- Heart attack: physician’s written release required 6 months after initial occurrence
- Congenital heart failure: physician’s written release required
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure: physician’s written release required
- Severe hemophilia
- Acute hepatitis
- Advanced cirrhosis of the liver
- Acute or chronic renal failure
- Acute urinary tract/bladder infections
THERMAL BODY WRAPS
Thermal body wraps are not recommended for the following conditions:
- Uncontrolled high/low blood pressure
- Thyroid issues
- Heart problems
- Circulatory issues
- Rheumatoid/gouty arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Lupus Erythematosus
Salt glows are not recommended for the following conditions:
- Open wounds
- Circulatory conditions
- Recent scar tissue
- Hyper-sensitive skin
- Fungal infections
ESTHETIC SERVICES(HAIR REMOVAL AND SKIN TREATMENTS)
- Hair must be 1/4 inch before before successful body waxing can take place.
- Please do not tweeze the week of your brow wax appointment.
- Facial wax appointments (brow, lip, chin or cheeks) can not be carried out while using retinoids, accutane or any abrasive exfoliators.
- Hair removal that cannot be done with methods of wax will need to be threaded as an alternative.
- Broken skin can not be waxed.
- The ideal wait time between hair removal appointments is 4 weeks. This insures all the hair will be removed at time of appointment.
- Hair removal can be performed during menstruation but the guest may be more sensitive to the removal process the week before or during this time.
- Your provider will use an alternative wax for extremely sensitive skin, on face and body.
Some of the facials we perform include exfoliation; if a guest is already exfoliating, using certain products prescribed by their physician, another service may produce better results. Your esthetician will guide you during the consultation process.