Is this service right for you?
We, at Modern Salon & Spa, strive to provide our guests with the most individually beneficial services. Please note that there are some instances/conditions which could make a guest an unsuitable candidate for a service. We ask that you please read over the following information and if you are unable to receive a service which has already been booked, to contact us. Our guest representatives will gladly assist you in selecting a service more suitable for you.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to all relaxation/waxing services so that you can fill out a guest intake form and consult with your service provider
- Should you arrive late for your service, the service may be shortened or need to be rescheduled at another time or with a different service provider
- Should you be ill with a cold/flu/fever, we ask that you reschedule your service until well
- If you have previously filled out an intake form for waxing, facial services, and/or massage/body treatments and have had changes in your medical profile, please let your service provider know
- All facial and body treatment series must be paid in full before receiving initial service in the series. Prices are not prorated.
Massage is not recommended the following conditions:
- Acute flare-ups for certain systemic inflammatory/autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and lupus erythematosus
- Systemic contagious/infectious disease, including the common cold
- Deep Vein Thrombosis : absolute contraindication for 3-6 months; after that a physician’s written release is required
- Stroke: no massage in the month after initial stroke; within 6 months after initial occurrence, a physician’s written release is required
- Transient Ischemic Attack: physician’s written release is required
- Multiple sclerosis, when in acute stages; sub-acute/remission is indicated in massage
- Acute impetigo
- Widespread ringworm/fungal infections
- Heart attack: physician’s written release required 6 months after initial occurrence
- Congenital heart failure: physician’s written release required
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure: physician’s written release required
- Severe hemophilia
- Acute hepatitis
- Advanced cirrhosis of the liver
- Acute or chronic renal failure
- Acute urinary tract/bladder infections
Salt glows are not recommended for the following conditions:
- Open wounds
- Circulatory conditions
- Recent scar tissue
- Hyper-sensitive skin
- Fungal infections
ESTHETIC SERVICES(HAIR REMOVAL AND SKIN TREATMENTS)
- Hair must be 1/4 inch before before successful body waxing can take place.
- Please do not tweeze the week of your brow wax appointment.
- Facial wax appointments (brow, lip, chin or cheeks) can not be carried out while using retinoids, accutane or any abrasive exfoliators.
- Hair removal that cannot be done with methods of wax will need to be threaded as an alternative.
- Broken skin can not be waxed.
- The ideal wait time between hair removal appointments is 4 weeks. This insures all the hair will be removed at time of appointment.
- Hair removal can be performed during menstruation but the guest may be more sensitive to the removal process the week before or during this time.
- Your provider will use an alternative wax for extremely sensitive skin, on face and body.
Some of the facials we perform include exfoliation; if a guest is already exfoliating, using certain products prescribed by their physician, another service may produce better results. Your esthetician will guide you during the consultation process.
MICROBLADING BEFORE AND AFTERCARE RELEASE FORM